redundancy

Options
daylad
daylad Posts: 119 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
hi, the company i work for is on the verge of going bust, i have worked here for 28 years, so due approx £10k in redundancy, I also have a second job. Will the second job jeopardise my redundancy payout? thanks

Comments

• DE_612183
    DE_612183 Posts: 1,853 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    No, your redundancy payment will be based on your service and what yourcompany can afford - of course if they do go bust you may not get anything...although there is a governmet scheme but I think thats capped at about 5-600 per week for 8 weeks
  • El_Torro
    El_Torro Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The last time I worked for a company that went bust there was no money to pay redundancy so the government paid my redundancy. Not only was it capped, the redundancy payment was only valid as long as I didn't get another job / source of income within a couple of weeks (I had only been with the company for 2 years at this point). So it's possible that if you have a second job the government will give you nothing.

Bear in mind that my situation happened about 20 years ago so the rules may be different now.
  • KadenDowman
    Options
    Conditions and rules of life change every day, not that there's any question of a robot. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback