IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Another DCB Legal claim in the bin

Hi All, 

Some 4 years ago I posted the below pertaining to a clumsy claim raised by UKPC

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6078406/ukpc-crown-shopping-centre-leeds-12th-november#latest

Subsequently this was picked up last year by the vultures at DCB Legal claiming circa £300 in costs. 

Through tireless hours of lurking on this forum and following the process within the newbies thread to a tee I am pleased to say that this has now been discontinued and I didn't even have to write a witness statement  B)  

That being the case I just wanted to say a massive thank you to all that contribute to this community and please chalk this up as yet another loss for DCB Legal and a win for this forum.

Comments

• patient_dream
    patient_dream Posts: 3,408
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    The rubbish bin of DCBL  JUST GETS BIGGER AND BIGGER
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,252
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    adamo888 said:
    Hi All, 

Some 4 years ago I posted the below pertaining to a clumsy claim raised by UKPC

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6078406/ukpc-crown-shopping-centre-leeds-12th-november#latest

Subsequently this was picked up last year by the vultures at DCB Legal claiming circa £300 in costs. 

Through tireless hours of lurking on this forum and following the process within the newbies thread to a tee I am pleased to say that this has now been discontinued and I didn't even have to write a witness statement  B)  

That being the case I just wanted to say a massive thank you to all that contribute to this community and please chalk this up as yet another loss for DCB Legal and a win for this forum.
    Yay!  ...well done, you won!

Calling @Umkomaas to add you to the list.

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!

Please find time to do this new Justice Committee Inquiry before it closes - help us to try to STOP this abuse of the system:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/80375249/#Comment_80375249

Consumer groups have said:

"
    “Looking ahead, this inquiry should be a stepping stone to a full-scale commission on civil justice with the needs of consumers as its heart.”

The Committee invites evidence on:

• What the current level of delay in the County Court is

• The ways in which the County Court engages with litigants in person, and how this could be improved

• The causes of action giving rise to claims in the County Court

• What future reforms to the County Court should be considered.

Please also state that private parking firms and their bulk litigators are the main problem as far as small claims delays are concerned, as the dominate and clog up court lists.

Please tell them that private parking firms and their bulk litigators are the problem as far as small claims delays are concerned, as they dominate court lists.

Parking court claim numbers are rising every year and will make up close to a third of all small claims in 2023, based on the 2022 figures that the MoJ divulged in the DLUHC's recent Parking Code of Practice draft Impact Assessment.

The MoJ must now be informed to urgently separate parking cases with a new pre-action protocol (requiring use of ADR instead of inflated debt demands and bulk litigators who want court). It should be a last resort but litigation is the first aim of DCB Legal.  They state in various articles that bulk litigation is their company aim.

Tell the Committee about your claim and show the Claim Form and discontinuance.  And show them the link to Umkomaas' thread of over 235 discontinuances by DCB Legal in just over a year.

The whole system is a nasty joke and the courts (and consumers) are being used and abused by firms making a mint (and it's not just the parking operators, it is mainly the bulk litigators).  This is a hidden (unknown to many people) scandal affecting hundreds of thousands of people every year.

Yes it is that many. There are c1.5m small claims per annum, and about HALF A MILLION of them are parking claims.

Please tell the Committee that the private parking legislative framework needs to be removed from the county court altogether., to protect consumers.  The DLUHC are aware.

Ideally, parking cases should NEVER go to county court and should not be able to affect people's credit rating.  Please add your voice.

Interested parties have until 17 January  to make a submission to the committee.

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • 1505grandad
    1505grandad Posts: 2,846
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    This thread I believe has not yet graced the disco one.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback