National insurance contributions Advice needed
Hi everyone, I am 54 and am missing some years on my national insurance record, I need to make up 10 years, I can't afford to buy back any years but I was going to start paying class 3 contributions starting in April. I only work 8 hours a week but have heard if I work 12 hours which takes me over £123 a week but under the amount where I would pay national insurance that I can get ni credits ??? Is this correct and if so how long has this been the case?
My husband has an army pension and he insists I don't need to worry about topping up my pension as I will have enough to live on once retired.
Trying to work out what to do for the best, advice would be great
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors
- All Categories
- 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 449.1K Spending & Discounts
- 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
- 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 172.5K Life & Family
- 246.7K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards