EBay keep defaulting to recommended price

I haven’t used EBay to sell anything for years. I’m trying to create a new listing but it keeps suggesting starting the auction at a ridiculously low price. When I try to alter that, and no matter how much I toggle on/off the ‘auction’ and ‘buy it now’ options, once I hit preview it always goes back to the recommended price. Does anyone know how to fix this? 

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 71,875
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    I’ve not come across that, I get the recommended price, but I can always just add my own price.  It might be worth trying a different browser in case eBay is glitchy.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected] views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • km1500
    km1500 Posts: 2,120
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    in case ...??! 😀
  • ripplyuk
    ripplyuk Posts: 2,885
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I’ve tried using a different browser and it still has the same problem. These items are worth over £250 and it’s insisting on listing them at a buy it now price of £8.50 and a starting bid of 99p 🙄
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback