Sliding mirror wardrobes

2»

Comments

• TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    The doors on my units have a clip which locks into the bottom track.  With that clip raised it should be possible to lift the doors completely off the top runner to investigate the problem more easily.  Be careful as the mirror doors are quite heavy.  It's possible to adjustment screws for the wheels have come lose and need to be reattached firmly.
  • gadget88
    gadget88 Posts: 206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    TELLIT01 said:
    The doors on my units have a clip which locks into the bottom track.  With that clip raised it should be possible to lift the doors completely off the top runner to investigate the problem more easily.  Be careful as the mirror doors are quite heavy.  It's possible to adjustment screws for the wheels have come lose and need to be reattached firmly.
    Yep in YouTube I seen some videos but I couldn’t see the clip on mine. Looked firm in place. I’m not sure I can fix it myself but I’ve been quoted around £45 for a repair if it’s fixable. 
  • daivid
    daivid Posts: 1,230 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    gadget88 said:
    Thanks so I could need new doors I guess that would solve the issue? I have been told there’s doors you can get that don’t fall off these days? Just it may be £500 each one to redo. I can try get a photo of the roller. 
    Our sliding doors have the same mechanism TELLIT01 describes, unless something physically derails them e.g. being forced over a stray shoe they never come off the rails. Though to be honest if your track and rollers are clean and in good condition the doors shouldn’t be derailing unless forced off.
  • gadget88
    gadget88 Posts: 206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I decided not to fix them maybe replace. Sadly I’ve been quoted maybe 1 grand in total for both bedrooms as they need new tracks ect. So I may have to wait off to find a better deal.  They still open however it’s expensive to repair. 
  • Alanp
    Alanp Posts: 683 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Is it possible your floor is flexing?, 
  • mexican_dave
    mexican_dave Posts: 274 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    I understand from the thread that the bottom rollers cannot be adjusted or are jammed. As this is a Money Saving forum, can I suggest that if the bottom rollers cannot be raised, can the floor of the track be raised? Suggest looking into buying a length of thin wood from a DIY warehouse (usually in the timber mouldings rack) wide enough to fill (or close to filling) the width of the bottom track. There may be a quick fix here for £10. Or another tack is to take the doors off completely and see what's going on with the bottom rollers, but this might be a big task if you are not a DIYer.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback