Time saving ideas

Options
As a Pensioner who’s not as IT savvy as my Grandchildren I would love a trustworthy online site where I can record all my Insurances, Utilities, Wi-Fi/mobile costs, etc ……and they would send me money saving options in plenty time for renewals.  I’m sure that I’m not alone in finding this annual task a real chore both in time and effort.

Comments

• oldernonethewiser
    oldernonethewiser Posts: 1,776 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 10 January at 5:08PM
    Options
    Like a diary?

As soon as I take out a policy, subscription or whatever I put the end date in my online calendar and have a reminder set up.  Depending on the nature of the entry the reminder can be set up for days, weeks or months in advance.
    Things that are differerent: draw & drawer, brought & bought, loose & lose, dose & does, payed & paid

• Albermarle
    Albermarle Posts: 22,227 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    20kiki said:
    As a Pensioner who’s not as IT savvy as my Grandchildren I would love a trustworthy online site where I can record all my Insurances, Utilities, Wi-Fi/mobile costs, etc ……and they would send me money saving options in plenty time for renewals.  I’m sure that I’m not alone in finding this annual task a real chore both in time and effort.
    The problem is that if such a site existed, they would only send you offers from providers they got a commission from.
    For example some insurers will not feature in comparison sites, as they do not want to pay the comparison site a kickback for new business.
  • Miser1964
    Miser1964 Posts: 283 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    edited 13 January at 4:41PM
    Options
    Keep it simple, something like Google Calendar will let you set a reminder days in advance.

>a trustworthy online site < - no such thing, unfortunately

• Somebody
    Somebody Posts: 124 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that once you've done a quote on a price comparison website, they will send you a reminder the next year near the renewal date to obtain another quote. 
  • MarzipanCrumble
    Options
    if you are not very tech savvy - google what you want to do i.e. How do I set up a google calander reminder?  You will get either a description or/and a youtube video for 'how to'

Good luck
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure