We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Time saving ideas

As a Pensioner who’s not as IT savvy as my Grandchildren I would love a trustworthy online site where I can record all my Insurances, Utilities, Wi-Fi/mobile costs, etc ……and they would send me money saving options in plenty time for renewals.  I’m sure that I’m not alone in finding this annual task a real chore both in time and effort.

Comments

  • oldernonethewiser
    oldernonethewiser Posts: 3,243 Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 10 January 2024 at 5:08PM
    Like a diary?

    As soon as I take out a policy, subscription or whatever I put the end date in my online calendar and have a reminder set up.  Depending on the nature of the entry the reminder can be set up for days, weeks or months in advance.
    Things that are different: draw & drawer, brought & bought, loose & lose, dose & does, payed & paid


  • Albermarle
    Albermarle Posts: 32,636 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    20kiki said:
    As a Pensioner who’s not as IT savvy as my Grandchildren I would love a trustworthy online site where I can record all my Insurances, Utilities, Wi-Fi/mobile costs, etc ……and they would send me money saving options in plenty time for renewals.  I’m sure that I’m not alone in finding this annual task a real chore both in time and effort.
    The problem is that if such a site existed, they would only send you offers from providers they got a commission from.
    For example some insurers will not feature in comparison sites, as they do not want to pay the comparison site a kickback for new business.
  • Miser1964
    Miser1964 Posts: 283 Forumite
    100 Posts First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 13 January 2024 at 4:41PM
    Keep it simple, something like Google Calendar will let you set a reminder days in advance.

    >a trustworthy online site < - no such thing, unfortunately. 


  • Somebody
    Somebody Posts: 254 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I'm pretty sure that once you've done a quote on a price comparison website, they will send you a reminder the next year near the renewal date to obtain another quote. 
  • if you are not very tech savvy - google what you want to do i.e. How do I set up a google calander reminder?  You will get either a description or/and a youtube video for 'how to'

    Good luck
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.