IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Claim from Civil national business centre.

124»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Wiganlad said:
    I have sent it as a PDF and I have had the auto response from CCBQ.
    Phew! A decent defence is in.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Wiganlad
    Wiganlad Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 5 March at 4:13PM
    Just doing the N180's for this now. Had the other sides come through on e-mail but sending both of mine by first class post today.

I hadn't spoke to my ex partner about this before today but she has told me that she got letters to her house about this addressed to me. She had rang them up to say I don't live there anymore and was told she was liable as it was her address so were trying to make her pay. 
  • Coupon-mad
    Wiganlad said:
    Just doing the N180's for this now. Had the other sides come through on e-mail but sending both of mine by first class post today.

I hadn't spoke to my ex partner about this before today but she has told me that she got letters to her house about this addressed to me. She had rang them up to say I don't live there anymore and was told she was liable as it was her address so were trying to make her pay. 
    OK so they knew you'd never received the PCN or letters but they failed to act fairly, pause debt recovery and re-issue the PCN, instead just hitting you with a court claim out of the blue after she gave them your new address?
  • Nellymoser
    Nellymoser Posts: 295 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    As coupon-mad says above PPC have not treated you fairly and they used your new address hoping for a greater financial gain. 

Please consider supporting this action.

So many people don't receive 1st and/or 2nd pcn but the £170 payment due letter often manages to drop through letter boxes. PPCs always claim discounted/full rate pcns/court claim letters were sent as dated though they offer no evidence to prove this.

Since they CHOOSE NOT to provide evidence of their posting we must continue to press gov to ensure they do and see it included in the new Parking CoP. Please sign/share @jmccabe petition closes 22nd june 2024.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/652355
    Require communications from Private Parking companies to be traceable/trackable
    Thank you. Good luck hope you win

• Wiganlad
    First Post
    I have just had a email from CST law saying that they are discontinuing the case.

Thank you for all the help. The people who are taking time are offering a wonderful service.
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Wiganlad said:
    I have just had a email from CST law saying that they are discontinuing the case.

Thank you for all the help. The people who are taking time are offering a wonderful service.
    And have they included a copy of the N279 form?
  • Wiganlad
    First Post
    Castle said:
    Wiganlad said:

And have they included a copy of the N279 form?
    They have included one.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 9 March at 12:39PM
    Very good news!  You defended and that's not what they wanted.

CST seem to be following a similar model to that used by DCB group.  It is very simple and very lucrative.

Scattergun court claims with next to no checks & balances first, get their clients 90% CCJs for a mere £35 outlay and access to an automatic CCJ nuclear button.  The system is appallingly naive and so are the MoJ if they fail to stop parking firms' access to MCOL.

This is FAR worse than clamping ever was.
  • 1505grandad
    1505grandad Posts: 2,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    ".......for a mere £35 outlay and access to an automatic CCJ nuclear button."

And it all starts with the same type of button for the bargain price of £2.50 from the DVLA who of course are well aware of the scams and atrocious outcomes  -  but still give out motorists personal data without any duty of care or due diligence.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback