Vinted sales

Daws1985
Daws1985 Posts: 2
First Post
Hi,

I'm really confused by the new rules around selling second hand clothes online. So I sell a lot of my kids clothes online via vinted when they have out grown them. I don't go anywhere near the £1000 threshold but have also seen things about limits of 30 sales. Does this mean if I do 30 sales but am well below the £1000 I will need to do a self assessment?? 

Comments

• DE_612183
    DE_612183 Posts: 1,578
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I don't think HMRC care about the number of items - it's just the value - so as long as it's under £1k I think you are fine - HMRC website should confirmthis...

https://www.gov.uk/check-if-you-need-tax-return
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 71,829
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    You really do need to read some of the posts on this and other threads.

Nothing has changed at all except that sales are now automatically being reported. There is no liability to tax on private sales.

I'll close this thread as the OP duplicates one on another thread. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected] views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure