Future Cruise Credit

I had a FCC with Princess Cruises for a cruise which was cancelled due to COVID.  I have just booked a new cruise with them and they have told me the credit ran out in September 2023!!  Are they allowed to do this?  Effectively they were holding my money until I was ready to use it, I just wondered whether anybody had any experience with this?  Your comments would be appreciated.
Thanks

Comments

• TadleyBaggie
    TadleyBaggie Posts: 5,924
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Presumably when the credit was issued, this was in the t&c’s?  It would be normal to have an expiry date on such a thing. 
  • Mark_d
    Mark_d Posts: 262
    First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Presumably when the credit was issued, this was in the t&c’s?  It would be normal to have an expiry date on such a thing. 

Agree.  When my trip was cancelled I chose to take a refund rather than voucher, precisely because I didn't know when I'd be travelling again.
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 13,755
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I had a FCC with Princess Cruises for a cruise which was cancelled due to COVID.  I have just booked a new cruise with them and they have told me the credit ran out in September 2023!!  Are they allowed to do this?  Effectively they were holding my money until I was ready to use it, I just wondered whether anybody had any experience with this?  Your comments would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    If the terms of the credit were that they had September 2023 as an expiry date, then yes they are.

What do those terms say?  Presumably you have an email or letter or something from when the credit was issued?
  • HillStreetBlues
    HillStreetBlues Posts: 3,060
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    When agreeing the credit note then you should have been informed the use by date. This should be made clear not buried in any small print.
    Let's Be Careful Out There
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure