Check Your NETFLIX Bill

Options
tigergambit
tigergambit Posts: 67 Forumite
First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 12 January at 5:24PM in Phones & TV
I received an email today from NETFLIX thanking me for signing up to their Extra Member package (£4.99 per month).

Nice of them, but I hadn't signed up. Unhappy about this I contacted their customer services and after a lengthy exchange was told that their popup screen offering this add-on is faulty:
You
So an accidental click on a screen I haven't seen could incur substantial extra costs?
(Removed by Forum Team) Netflix
I'm afraid yes but when you contact us we will process refund as you never intended to have it in your account.
You
Sounds like very sharp practice indeed! People should be told! Starting with your regulator. Who is that?
(Removed by Forum Team) 
Netflix
The system is design to check the unused service and we have help even it is more than month.
You
Not the point
(Removed by Forum Team)
 Netflix
I agree that a click can make difference in your account it is only to make the process easy for you all.
(Removed by Forum Team)
 Netflix
If I were you I would feel the same, please know that I've noted this and will be reviewed by the relevant team and do our best to improve services in future based on your feedback.
You
Who is your regulator?
(Removed by Forum Team)
 Netflix
I will be glad to take your feedback regarding your experience. This, along with your chat transcript will allow our developers to improve not just the service, but the customer experience in the future.
You
Seems like your regulator is the Commissariaat voor de Media, for your future information.

Had a chat with my OH who said, yes the screen did pop-up but she couldn't get past it other than by accepting. 

If you get an email from NETFLIX don't just ignore it!

Comments

• Cressida100
    Cressida100 Posts: 185 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 7 January at 10:58PM
    Options
    I had the same notification when i logged in and managed to skip it, I cannot remember how now. It wasn't straightforward though. Very annoying.
  • FreeBear
    FreeBear Posts: 14,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Sounds like very sharp practice indeed! People should be told! Starting with your regulator. Who is that?
    Seems like your regulator is the Commissariaat voor de Media, for your future information.
    The regulator will be concerned about programming that could be offensive rather than dodgy trading practices. The latter would fall under Consumer Protection Regulations which should be reported to Trading Standards.
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
  • ChooseLife
    ChooseLife Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic
    Options
    This happened with my husband's account too......managed to sort it out in the end via customer services, but very annoying.  
  • BadDebtor
    BadDebtor Posts: 153 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    The Consumer Rights Act is very clear that any core term (which includes anything you pay for) must be made prominent.  

The ICO says you can't be auto subscribed or get a message flashing, nor can you be subscribed if you don't do something unless it is in the original contract and again was made to be prominent.

You need to write to your MP and Micheal Gove to put an end to this shoddy practice.

I dumped Netflix, it was bad enough that they put loads of old and awful content during pandemic, but they seem to have forgotten their unique selling point, making their own high quality content and I do not mean their foreign made content.  

All the mess with increasing price and treating everyone as if they are cheats when they used the "sharing is caring" on Twitter about their passwords.  Also they pulled out of some countries when there was a backlash and now they are trying to force ads on people.  I am so glad I got out, before I found Netflix I used to watch tripe TV on a schedule, then I got into downloading but Netflix was an affordable alternative to that.

Now they have priced themselves out of the market and their content is truly dire, my siblings and their kids seem to be always complaining about their content.  You can get deals of other channels and some rotate them, I do not watch a lot of TV, if I get bored I still have over 700 movies and thousands of episodes from series, it sounds like a lot but all fits on a single external hard disk.

I would never pay more than £6 for Netflix and before I ever went back I would need a way to filter out all the TV types I don't want.  It is pathetic how Netflix made the same mistakes as other providers in a race to the bottom in content quality vs quantity.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback