Poor Insurance Co. / Contractors.

shezza2
shezza2 Posts: 197
First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
Forumite
edited 7 January at 5:09PM in Insurance & life assurance
Hi all late December our house roof was damaged by high winds, and between both the insurance company and the builders they have selected to do the work have not been very good, with work not starting till around February or March (Yes I know it has been the holiday period) But neither return calls when they said they would. My question is this, being as the damage was caused Early December and reported then and builders booked to do the work what would happen if in February if I did not renew my policy with existing insurance company, could they hold this against me? TIA.

Comments

• tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 7,854
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    No, it's an existing claim so you shouldn't be treated an worse than you already have been. Start keeping records of the problems you have had already to complain to the Insurance Ombudsman. 
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 9,202
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    They wouldn't hold it against you but you may struggle to find another insurer to take you on... Home insurers don't like quoting new business terms for someone with an ongoing claim. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback