IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Council parking ticket - Permit parking

I pay for a parking permit for my street which includes the next street over. I came home after being on call out with the RNLI at 12am to find there was 0 spaces in any of the street or area which is included in the permit. I parked on double yellows right outside my house with the premise i would move it in the morning once people had gone to work etc, only to find i have received a yellow ticket on my windshield at 6am.

The permit for my street is only for 11am-2pm anyway, but the warden has come around so early in the morning to ticket people probably knowing full well there isn't enough space in the street. I left it on double yellows in hours which is not going to be trafficked or used with intention to move as early as possible the next day but was beaten to it. 

what am i supposed to do if there is no space to park in a place which i pay for? Is this fightable given its a council given ticket or is this a lost cause? 

Thanks 

Ludes

Comments

• sammyjammy
    sammyjammy Posts: 7,294
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    a double yellow is a double yellow no matter what time of day you park there.  You took a chance and it didn't pay off, I don't see that you have grounds for appeal.  As to where you should have parked surely thats your problem not the councils?
    "You've been reading SOS when it's just your clock reading 5:05 "
  • SendLudes911
    SendLudes911 Posts: 8
    Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    a double yellow is a double yellow no matter what time of day you park there.  You took a chance and it didn't pay off, I don't see that you have grounds for appeal.  As to where you should have parked surely thats your problem not the councils?
    I'm fully aware a 'double yellow is a double yellow', i didn't take a chance i literally had nowhere else to park so was my only option, simply asking because this is the first time it has happened i have only lived here for 3 months so its definitely not going to be the last. 

Just seeing if anyone else has experienced similar & if there was any grounds for appeal or not. 
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,264
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    You need to ask on pepipoo because they are the Council PCN experts. There might be something in the PCN wording or not observing at least 5 minutes observation.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback