Accessing money tied up in mesher order equivalent

Following a divorce a few years ago, most of my assets are tied up in the family home through an agreement similar to a mesher order (I have a charge on the old family property, but am not co-owner).  Is there any way I can access this value so that I can buy a house? I'm currently renting....
Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards