IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Looking for help with next step

Good Afternoon,

I have read through the newbies thread and am grateful for the advice here. I have received a claim form relating to a parking at a NCP station car park briefly. The car park was empty and I was not aware of any cameras and I was meeting someone quickly. I couldn't have been more than 10 mins and I was next to the car but that was enough to cause this notice. I did receive months later a letter with a PCN, and then a couple of chasers, but did not believe anything would come of it as it was just a notice. My own fault but here I am.

Claim was issued on the 6th and I have sent through the acknowledgement of service online. I believe I have a few days to pull together my defence. Can anyone point me in the direction of where to get help with this?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,116
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 3 January at 3:09PM
    Claim was issued on the 6th and I have sent through the acknowledgement of service online. I believe I have a few days to pull together my defence. Can anyone point me in the direction of where to get help with this?
    Hello and welcome.

I am going to make a couple of assumptions...
    1. The Claim Issue Date is 6th December, and
    2. an Acknowledgment of Service was filed sometime after 8th December and before 29th December.
    Please confirm those points.

With a Claim Issue Date of 6th December, and having filed an Acknowledgment of Service in a timely manner, you have until 4pm on Monday 8th January 2024 to file your Defence.

As you say, that's just a few days away. Plenty of time to produce a Defence but please don't leave it to the last minute.
    To create a Defence, and then file a Defence by email, look at the second post in the NEWBIES thread.
    Don't miss the deadline for filing a Defence.

Do not try and file a Defence via the MoneyClaimOnline website. Once an Acknowledgment of Service has been filed, the MCOL website should be treated as 'read only'.
  • Thanks for your response. Yes, those two points are correct. I will look at that second post now. 

Thank you
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,443
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 4 January at 2:50AM
    Please show us images of:

1. the PCN (front and back, data redacted BUT ALL DATES SHOWING);

2. any appeal you made at the time?

3. the first page of the claim form. Read a few other court claim threads to see what to redact from a claim form before you post. 

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • troublemaker22
    troublemaker22 Posts: 425
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 4 January at 7:29AM
    The things to redact from the claim form are the claim number, your name, address and vehicle number, the claimant’s reference number and the password.
  • Unfortunately I can't locate the PCN, but here is the claim form. Thank you 

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,443
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    "Driver's Breach : 'max stay'" means nothing!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • That's what I thought... defence sent and acknowledgement received. Thanks for your help
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback