IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Claim received for "vehicle not parked correctly within the markings of the bay or space"

13»

Comments

• gorilla17
    gorilla17 Posts: 36 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Thanks for your response - and no worries. Sorry if my response was grumpy too!

I don't think that would hold up though - I shop there all the time, and the spaces are much the same size as any car park - fine as long as you don't want to open your car doors.

So I don't think I have much choice at this point to but to go down the originally advised route of trying to get the claim thrown out on the grounds of poor POC.

Would anyone advise any further changes to my defence? 

Thanks.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,483 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I think the defence is fine and we've seen a few cases where the parking is bad and still the claims get discontinued before hearings.

It's a numbers game and you need to play along until they discontinue.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • gorilla17
    gorilla17 Posts: 36 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Thanks very much @Coupon-mad @Johnersh and everyone else for your help.

I'll submit the defence next week, and I'll report back when I have any updates.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback