Old NPI Pension

Options
Hi, anyone able to advise where to go to find a pension taken out with NPI in the mid 80's?  Thanks for any help

Comments

• Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,126 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    A quick google suggests they were taken over by Phoenix Life.

Phoenix Life (bing.com)

As an aside - where were you working when you took out the policy with NPI?  It's possible that you might be eligible for compensation if you could have had a better benefit staying/joining a work pension scheme instead as work & private pensions could not be combined at that time. When you contact them state you want a pension review done.
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,443 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    As an aside - where were you working when you took out the policy with NPI?  It's possible that you might be eligible for compensation if you could have had a better benefit staying/joining a work pension scheme instead as work & private pensions could not be combined at that time. When you contact them state you want a pension review done.
    Mid 80s would make it pre-regulation (which started in 1988).  It also means it won't be a personal pension but likely a section 226 retirement annuity contract (it could be other sections but a 226 is the most common).   So, unlikely to be any missale.

Plus, NPI at that time didn't have a saleforce. They only received business via brokers (IFAs didn't exist until 1988).  So, they cannot carry out a pension review.    NPI only had a small salesforc

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I had one in the 90s. Now with phoenix life.
    cant take it until I’m 65 and large MVR.
    fortunately it’s only a small pension.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure