IPhones 11, XS and SE(2020)

Options
baser999
baser999 Posts: 1,135 Forumite
First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Looking to upgrade my 7 and partners Motorola and wondered about users experiences of any of the above. We’re not streamers or prolific photographers just using our mobiles for the basics really, so intend to buy refurbished. All are of similar price (around £250) and depending upon which review you read, seem to be of similar merit. Main differences seem to be overall weight, size, screen etc which may be our deciding factor. 
Before we part with our money I just wondered if anyone is/has used any model and can offer an honest comparison or advice as to any shortcomings. Thanks

Comments

• Catplan
    Catplan Posts: 361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Short comings will be life span, the 11 and xs currently get updates they might not after end of this year, might get another year on 11…. The SE is more basic, but newer, the X was able to get iOS 17 update sept 23 I think it’s likely xs will be about sept this year. That said all my banking apps still function on the X, which just can’t get iOS 17.
  • EnPointe
    EnPointe Posts: 369 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
     they are all aging devices and  unless you  are specifically   in need of remaining within the iOS / apple ecosystem   a current motorola or A series Samsung  is more likely to meet your needs. 

if you are adamant  about wanting iOS  then  3rd  (2022)  Generation  SE  might be a  better  medium term option 
  • knightstyle
    knightstyle Posts: 6,990 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have been using my second hand SE 2020 for over a year and it is very good and affordable.  My DD always has later iPhones and to me the main difference is better cameras.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback