seville oranges 2024

Hi!

If anyone spots the seville oranges in the supermarket, (not Waitrose as we don't have one anywhere close), could you give me a heads up?   

Comments

• Emmia
    Emmia Posts: 2,969
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I'm not sure if you get groceries delivered, but Ocado has them in stock at the moment. 
  • alicef
    alicef Posts: 286
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi @Emmia.  Thank you for the suggestion - I don't have the groceries delivered but if I can't track the oranges down elsewhere then I'll check out the delivery cost of Ocado.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,816
    Homepage Hero I won, I won, I won! I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Senior Ambassador
    edited 2 January at 5:27PM
    Ocado as mentioned above, our local farm shops are full with them and local greengrocer has them too. 

Ocado delivery charges  https://help.ocado.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017551912-How-much-does-delivery-cost-

I ordered mine to be delivered tomorrow £6.25 a kilo 
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • greyteam1959
    greyteam1959 Posts: 4,562
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    sarah1972 said:
    Ocado as mentioned above, our local farm shops are full with them and local greengrocer has them too. 

Ocado delivery charges  https://help.ocado.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017551912-How-much-does-delivery-cost-

What !!!!!!
    £6.25 a kilo ?
    I have just paid £2.90 a kilo from my local fruit & veg shop.

• Mnoee
    Mnoee Posts: 798
    Photogenic Homepage Hero First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    There's a few online greengrocers who deliver if you can't find them locally - I know people who use abel & cole, there's someone on this forum who uses riverford, I think. If you Google 'seville oranges' there's a few with them available, though they may not deliver to you. 

They tend to have a lower minimum order than supermarkets, and potentially a lower delivery charge. 
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,634
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    just joining in as i want some too
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • MDMD
    MDMD Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I wonder how much a cheap flight to Seville would cost - they are free on the trees in the city as no one there wants them…..
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,816
    Homepage Hero I won, I won, I won! I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Senior Ambassador
    edited 3 January at 4:12AM
    sarah1972 said:

What !!!!!!
    £6.25 a kilo ?
    I have just paid £2.90 a kilo from my local fruit & veg shop.

Yep  https://www.ocado.com/products/natoora-organic-unwaxed-seville-oranges-for-marmalade-209401011  my local greengrocer wants over £5 odd a kilo too
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,261
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    MDMD said:
    I wonder how much a cheap flight to Seville would cost - they are free on the trees in the city as no one there wants them…..
    Cheapest is about £50 each way. We go twice a year to see daughter who lives there.  The trouble is we go at the wrong time to pick oranges. 

• pumpkin89
    pumpkin89 Posts: 630
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I appreciate this won't help the OP, but for others on the thread, Waitrose does have them and they are "only" £2.79 per kg
    https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/products/cooks-ingredients-marmalade-seville-oranges/088451-45393-45394
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback