Public Liability Insurance as music consultant for a venue

Hello everyone,

I've recently taken on the role of a music consultant and director for a venue, operating as a subcontractor (I'm a sole trader) responsible for managing their music programming and overall musical image. As part of my responsibilities, I need to organize the schedule for the venue's DJs, and their contract agreement stipulates the necessity of having Public Liability Insurance coverage. I understand that since the DJs performing there will be chosen by me the insurance coverage is in place to address any unforeseen incidents involving them. While I believe the risk is relatively low, they insist on the necessity of Public Liability coverage as a precautionary measure.

Being new to this type of insurance, I've conducted online research but have struggled to find options that are specifically tailored to my role. Most search results seem to focus on different types of consultancies or are related to professions like DJ, musicians or music teachers.

I'm curious if the specificity of the insurance coverage matters in relation to the nature of my work. Does it make a significant difference if the insurance isn't explicitly linked to my particular job description?

Additionally, I'm looking for suggestions on affordable insurance options that would adequately meet my needs without being excessively costly. Any recommendations or insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards