Statements

Options
Hiya

Happy New Year to you all.

Just a quick question please, I completed my DRO 3 years ago, all was fine and smooth. Should I still be receiving statements of outstanding debt that was added in my DRO. It says on the email they are requited by law to send it, surely not if its been wiped off and not on my credit file either?  They have been made aware several times it was included in my DRO. 

Thanks in advance 

Comments

• jlfrs01
    jlfrs01 Posts: 279 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just one point of clarification: a DRO will remain on a credit file for 6 years from the date it was issued.

Creditors should not contact the DRO holder during or after it has been issued (unless new debts have been incurred), however if a debt has been sold on to a collection agency then they may not be aware it was included in the DRO. In either event, they shouldn't be contacting the debtor about it. DROs can be altered (if circumstances change for example) but assuming the DRO ended after 12 months as orignally set-out then there can be no outstanding balance and therefore no statement.
    The Government's advice is to write to creditors included in the arrangemnt enclosing a copy of the DRO and advise them to cease contact. More information is here:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/once-you-have-a-debt-relief-order-dro#at-the-end-of-your-dro-period
  • sallymanton
    sallymanton Posts: 66 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes I understand that the DRO will remain on credit file for 6 years, I can see it on my credit file still. 

The email I have received is a 6 month sum of arrears it says they are obligated by law to send these emails out every 6 months. It just seems odd that they were included in my DRO. It's as if the debt is still active, even though the creditor has been wiped off my credit file . Thanks for your help. 
  • RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,689 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Who is sending the statements?
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,904 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Yes its perfectly normal, its for information purposes only.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback