First time tax return

Options
Mid last tax year I picked up a second job. Self employed processing invoices and invoicing the company in question. 

It's not loads. I earnt roughly 2.5k last year. So I'm expecting to pay 20% on 1.5k of that with the 1000 allowance. 

Questions are

I have a full time job that I use all my allowances with and obviously pay tax on through PAYE. Do I also have to declare that earning on the tax return? 

Do I also declare the interest from savings accounts? I read on the form you don't include personal savings accounts but further down it implies you do? But with you having 5k allowance for that do you need to if it's below that? (I can assure you it's well below that lol) 

When declaring my earnings do I list the full amount or the full amount less the 1000 allowance? 

Thanks in advance x 

I intend to click the box so I get a bill for the amount in question. I'd rather not have a change in tax code going to my current employer. 
4 children, 2 cars, 2 full time working parents, large detached house and the will to save every money saving penny we can

Comments

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure