Which website to use HPI style check?

What's the best website to use for doing a HPI style check for buying a used car? Is carvertical.com any good?

Comments

  • I normally use vcheck
    FTB - April 2020 
  • 400ixl
    400ixl Posts: 2,628
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    tallac said:
    What's the best website to use for doing a HPI style check for buying a used car? Is carvertical.com any good?
    That is a US site which also does searches in other countries. Its not one I would ever consider for the UK.

    You need to be using one which has the guarantee that if it misses anything it will take responsibility which I could not see on the carvertical site.
  • tallac
    tallac Posts: 363
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 31 December 2023 at 8:44PM
    400ixl said:
    That is a US site which also does searches in other countries. Its not one I would ever consider for the UK.

    You need to be using one which has the guarantee that if it misses anything it will take responsibility which I could not see on the carvertical site.
    Seems like Vcheck suggested by @SaverRate has a guarantee and is based in the UK. So unless there's a better suggestion, then will stick to that  :)
  • tallac
    tallac Posts: 363
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    SaverRate said:
    I normally use vcheck
    Thank you, went ahead with using Vcheck. Seems very thorough and has a £40k guarantee. Also, half the price of HPI Check
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,440
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    tallac said:
    SaverRate said:
    I normally use vcheck
    Thank you, went ahead with using Vcheck. Seems very thorough and has a £40k guarantee. Also, half the price of HPI Check
    AND checks salvage auction records, which HPI doesnt do.  


  • Mutton_Geoff
    Mutton_Geoff Posts: 3,793
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Many of the motoring You Tubers I watch seem to be plugging Car Vertical.


    Signature on holiday for two weeks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards