Octopus Flexible standard and E7 rates 1st Jan 2024

Just incase anyone needs them for their spreadsheets and calculations

https://octopus.energy/blog/energy-price-cap-jan-2024/

"I can lead you to the money saving well but cannot make you drink from it"

As mum always said "don't respond to imbeciles just ignore them" wise words mum 

Comments

• my mother is a typical in her 80s pays bill on arrival through the post every month, dosnt even have a mobile, given up getting her to switch
  • meinnit
    meinnit Posts: 929
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 31 December 2023 at 11:43AM
    12m fix appears to have dropped in price slightly eg for Southern region gas is now 6.86 p/kWh

Obviously you need to do some sums to work out if it's worth fixing at that price considering the cap is dropping from April

Depending on your usage you may save even after taking the £75 exit fee in to account
  • my mother is a typical in her 80s pays bill on arrival through the post every month, dosnt even have a mobile, given up getting her to switch
    Same for my dad he has British Gas stamped through his veins like the seaside rock. They've never let him down (love him to bits but what a stick in the mud lol)
    "I can lead you to the money saving well but cannot make you drink from it"

As mum always said "don't respond to imbeciles just ignore them" wise words mum 
    If she’s happy, and can afford the additional cost that paying that way incurs, then at her age, there are probably better battles to fight! 
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills