Lost ebay item

Options
I ordered an item by click and collect which was delivered to an Argos store on the 23 rd of November , they have no record of it and the seller isn't interested , ebay says it has been delivered so no refund is due. What can I do ?

Comments

• ThisIsWeird
    Options
    "...which was delivered to an Argos store on the 23rd of November..." How do you know?

• Archerychick
    Archerychick Posts: 256 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 30 December 2023 at 11:41PM
    Options
    You should be protected by eBay on this. Raise a case against the buyer. It’s not the sellers fault (and I’ve been the seller in this scenario). Have you confirmation from the click & collect location that they dont have it? Have you shown them the proof of delivery, which the seller should be happy to share with you if you don’t have it.

equally eBay will be able to see that you haven’t collected it. As things stand today the case will have automatically been closed in the sellers favour so that’s why you have to open a case for them to review all the information 
  • OutdoorQueen
    Options
    I have had similar with a local petrol station.  Goods were showing on the app/ email as delivered but they said they hadn’t got the parcel in the shop.  

When I showed them what I had been sent to tell me the parcel was ready for collection from that address,  and what it was (a mattress topper), they then recalled they had a parcel they couldn’t log on to their system.  A helpful assistant went to find it and realised it was for me.  Once they confirmed my name and checked ID, they gave it to me but said it should have been sent back to sender.   I think the barcode / reference numbers on the packaging didn't scan for some reason and they couldn’t enter it manually.  

They might not have any record in the system, but it might be sitting on a shelf somewhere and won’t be going anywhere.  I expect they have so many click and collect parcels , that it is not a quick job to look at all of them to see if there is one with your name on.  

Perhaps try going back in a couple of days and the number of parcels might have reduced on the shelf and you might get a different assistant.   Show them the message you have confirming it has been delivered, there might be a different reference on it that they can use.

Apologies as I’m not sure what else you can try.     
  • RedImp_2
    RedImp_2 Posts: 261 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    You need to do it quickly though, more than 30 days have already passed
  • monty64
    monty64 Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I ordered an item by click and collect which was delivered to an Argos store on the 23 rd of November , they have no record of it and the seller isn't interested , ebay says it has been delivered so no refund is due. What can I do ?
    Did the seller put the buyer's name and ECP number on the parcel's label in addition to the Argos address? IF NOT the parcel will be delivered to Argos, with proof that it has been delivered to a 3rd party, and then "lost"  at Argos until Argos ( under their T&Cs) dispose of the parcel after 7 days or return it to the seller (if their return address is on the parcel) who may not then tell you. Argos will have been unable to enter the parcel into their system  and therefore the buyer does not receive a collection code from them and Argos will not be able to physically find a parcel with no name on the label at their store. You will know that it has been delivered to Argos from the delivery firm tracking record on the 23rd.

The proof of delivery to Argos will stop any ebay case succeeding against the seller ( it will be closed) and the delivery firm has fulfilled their obligation and Ebay and Argos will refuse to compensate you under their T&Cs as they are not bailees of the parcel until it is entered in the Argos system,

The buyer loses the purchase price through the labelling fault of the seller, 

All the buyer is left with is an ebay item record which shows a tick for paid and for dispatched, but  empty, unticked circles for ready and collected , because Argos cannot enter the parcel received by them into their system. Check on your purchase history if this is the case.
    EBAY, however,  ignore this record and still close the buyer's case.
    Until this flaw in the click and collect system is recognised by ebay  I will not use it again.
    It is also a way a seller can SCAM a buyer if they provide a return address on the parcel, but not the buyers name and ECP identification.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,224 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    This is an old thread that has been resurrected so I'll close it now to avoid confusion. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure