Seeking a Spot Cleaner for a Home with Cats - Recommendations Needed!
I’m looking for recommendations on a spot cleaner, mainly for soft furnishings and the odd rug. Budget approx. £150. Hoping I might be able to pick something up in the sales?
I’ve never had/used a spot cleaner before so not sure what to be looking for.
I have mainly soft furnishings but here’s what I’d be cleaning.
- 3x sofas. 2x are cotton/poly textile. 1x is sofa
- I have a 3-4 soft pile rugs.
- Emma mattress / velvet cover bed frame.
- 2x cats. Occasionally they make a mess, but it’s rare. Usually, it’s on the wood floors, but sometimes it can be dried onto a piece of soft furnishing that can’t be put in the washing machine.
- Only one 2x2m room has carpet but wouldn't want to clean this often.
- Occasionally the odd spill, like a cup of tea, glass water or wine when people are round.
- If it can get dried in stains out that have been on an old chair seat, that'd be a real bonus.
I was looking at getting a professional in, but seems like a small cleaner might be a worthwhile investment and some profs. have said they wont come to my property due to 3rd floor and no lift.
There are a lot of options, Vax, Shark, Bissell, Rug Doctor. Feeling a bit overwhelmed with them all.
If you have any recommendations, especially personal experiences with specific models or brands, I'd be super grateful. I'm all ears for any tips or advice on what to look for in a good spot cleaner.
Thanks in advance for your help!
- All Categories
- 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
- 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 449.2K Spending & Discounts
- 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
- 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 172.5K Life & Family
- 246.8K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards