Sort of stoozing - 0% overdraft vs credit score?

Options
I have a current account with £500 overdraft at 0% interest for 3 years. I'm currently debating whether to put the £500 in a savings account. Theoretically, this will increase my credit utilisation, but could look bad on my credit report due to having a long-term unpaid debt.

I probably don't need the extra money from a savings account (about £35pa at best, whereas I'll be looking at getting a mortgage in the next few years, so obviously will cost me more than that in the long term if it affects my credit report), but obviously money is money. Any advice?

Comments

• MorningcoffeeIV
    MorningcoffeeIV Posts: 1,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 30 December 2023 at 4:06AM
    Options
    Stay out of your OD. 

Whether or not if affects your fake credit score is irrelevant  - it's a terrible look to live in your OD. Plus, it can be called in at any time.

Money is indeed money, so look after it in the long term, not the short term.
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,105 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Stay out of your OD. 

Whether or not if affects your fake credit score is irrelevant  - it's a terrible look to live in your OD. Plus, it can be called in at any time.

Why? This is the Stoozing forum, where people borrow at 0% to earn interest 
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • MorningcoffeeIV
    MorningcoffeeIV Posts: 1,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 30 December 2023 at 4:29AM
    Options
    Stay out of your OD. 

Because the OP was asking about impact on credit files.

There are more effective, more profitable and less detrimental ways to stooze.

Have a look at 0% credit cards for example. There are lots of threads on this forum about how you can use them to stooze.
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,105 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Stay out of your OD. 

Because the OP was asking about impact on credit files.

There are more effective, more profitable and less detrimental ways to stooze.

Have a look at 0% credit cards for example. There are lots of threads on this forum about how you can use them to stooze.
    I dunno. I've got 0% overdrafts that I utilise, and I keep getting my credit card providers increasing my limits and offering me 0% balance transfers, so from my point of view it doesn't seem to make a difference 
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback