Tablet for films

GT60
GT60 Posts: 2,311
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
My son wants a Tablet with a minimum 10" screen for mainly watching films on.
He would prefer a Samsung tablet or similar so he can link all his tech together.
Any advice would be great and the  purchase would be from either Currys, Samsung or John Lewis.
Thanks 

Spending my time reading how to fix PC's,instead of looking at Facebook.

Comments

• cerebus
    cerebus Posts: 513
    First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    For the price of a Samsung tablet he would be better off getting a laptop.

10" is too small to watch films on , will he mainly be watching films at home?
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 9,262
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Should you try to buy something from Curry's ensure that you have checked thoroughly what they are selling you.

I went in to one local to me to see about a 10" Samsung tablet , knowing full well which I wanted to look at.  Despite having a sign showing me exactly what I could see on their website they didn't have one on display.  I asked someone about it and was handed a box and was told "this is the one you want".  So I asked for it to be opened so I could have a look.  Not possible because then they couldn't sell it!    The salesperson was very insistent that this was the one shown on the sign, that it was a bit like that one on display over there (twice the price) but just slightly different (but couldn't say why).  So I asked if they were sure this one was the same as the one I wanted and got the rolled eyes and a huffy "yes, it's that one!" I then asked why the one I wanted with 8GB but the box I was being handed said 4GB.  "Oh because it's different but it's just as good."   Not impressed.
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • GT60
    GT60 Posts: 2,311
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 28 December 2023 at 6:35PM
    The tablet will be for watching films while he is cooking in his kitchen at home.
    He has a laptop and a TV.
    Curry's I would so love to see them  try that with him.
    :) hahaha 
    Hope you told them to do one politely and then hit social media to call them out?
    Spending my time reading how to fix PC's,instead of looking at Facebook.
  • RumRat
    RumRat Posts: 4,759
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Samsung Tab S9 FE, ideal for watching media content.
    Drinking Rum before 10am makes you
    A PIRATE
    Not an Alcoholic...!
  • cerebus
    cerebus Posts: 513
    First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    What's wrong with using his laptop? Seems strange he wants to go with a very small screen and lets face it samsung are expensive when he has everything he needs already 

Personally if I wanted to do that I would buy a telly and use a flash drive, then you have the option as well of connecting the laptop to it, film on the telly and recipe on the laptop 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback