HSBC ADVANCE MONEYBACK OFFER

Options
hoverbum
hoverbum Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 28 December 2023 at 2:33PM in Budgeting & bank accounts
Took out the HSBC Advance and Global  bank accounts for the £125 offer jumped through all the hoops NO REWARD contacted bank by phone on it for 20 mins got no joy will now go to a branch to get some more info.

Comments

• MorningcoffeeIV
    Options
    Ok. Good luck and keep us posted.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,998 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hoverbum said:
    Took out the HSBC Advance and Global  bank accounts for the £125 offer jumped through all the hoops NO REWARD contacted bank by phone on it for 20 mins got no joy will now go to a branch to get some more info.
    Do better posting this in the banking forum as people may be able to offer their own experience
  • GrumpyDil
    GrumpyDil Posts: 1,641 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well I don't recall seeing anyone say they had not received their credit. Just one suggestion is that the credit appears in the global money account.

OP, if you have checked there then I suggest you need to persevere with getting an answer from HSBC. 
  • Organgrinder
    Options
    I didn't receive mine. Complained so got it plus another £50.
  • Lifes_Grand_Plan
    Options
    I didn't receive mine. Complained so got it plus another £50.
    Not had mine yet either. How long after opening should they pay it?

How did you go about complaining if you don't mind me asking?
    A big believer in karma, you get what you give :A

If you find my posts useful, "pay it forward" and help someone else out, that's how places like MSE can be so successful.
  • Organgrinder
    Options
    It should be paid within 20 days of all criteria being met. 

To complain phone them and ask to make a complaint. Have all details to hand eg dates, they'll log your complaint and get back to you. Emphasize it should be an automated payment and you shouldn't have to spend your time trying to sort out the incentive payment.

Hope it works out for you.
  • hotdoggity
    Options
    I didn't receive my initial £125 despite fulfilling the criteria. After using the chat facility on the HSBC banking app for an hour the agent was none the wiser why I hadn't received the bonus (she tried to blag me that I had a First Direct bank account so wasn't eligible but I confirmed the T&C's stated that I was eligible as long as that account was opened before Oct 2018). The agent raised a complaint and 2 days later I received a phone call to say the reason I didn't receive the bonus was because I have held/hold an HSBC credit card and in this scenario the bonus is not paid automatically but must be done 'manually'. The full amount (£205 as I had met the criteria for the additional amount too) was paid into my Global Money account immediately. Hope that might help some applicants.
  • Campervan22
    Options
    I've had an absolute nightmare with this.  I've met all the criteria, was told they would out the amount in manually as it was their error for taking 8 weeks to open the account and continually asking for documents I had already supplied. (I have this in writing from the advisor I raised the complaint with)  It didn't appear.  That was weeks ago!  I've chased up the complaint several times via the online chat and was told my complaint was closed down then re-opened on the 2nd Feb, no further forward even though I spend roughly an hour each week chasing it up via the online chat, (I can't call as have a child with additional needs who is quite noisy).  They have been super unhelpful and I'm not sure why anyone would want to bank with them!! If not resolved by the 14/3 I'm going to have to go to the financial ombudsman which is just another load of time I don't have! This was supposed to 'simple' to achieve the bonus! Definitely won't EVER bank with them again!
  • Nana_kins
    Nana_kins Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    Hi I’m wondering if anyone has yet received the second payment of £80 into their global money account yet?  It said in the info this would be paid between 1-8 May 2024 after the stipulated debit card payments had been made.  So far nothing received. I received the first £125 ok. 
  • danco
    danco Posts: 210 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    As you can see in other threads, plenty of us have received the bonus at various times today.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback