Now TV Sports offer cancellation terms

Options
itm2
itm2 Posts: 1,310 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
My Now TV account has an offer of "6 Months of Sports for £21 per month....Cancel anytime". Since there are a couple of football games that I want to watch between now and the end of January I was planning to accept the offer, then cancel when I've watched the last of those games in January.
However...I notice in the description of the offer that: ""Offer lost if you cancel your NOW Sports Membership before the last month of the offer period".

Does this mean that I will be stung for the full price of a month's Sports if I cancel after a month? If so, doesn't this render the "Cancel anytime" clause a bit meaningless?

Comments

• JSmithy45AD
    Options
    I take that to mean that if you don't make full use of the 6 months then you'll lose it and can't claim the last 4 months later or take up the same offer straight off.
  • double_dutchy
    double_dutchy Posts: 345 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 24 December 2023 at 6:15PM
    Options
    The £21 Sports offer is generally available -

See here NOW Offers - Get the best deals and discounts online (nowtv.com)

There's no obligation to pay for more than one month at a time - cancel before the end of the month and you won't pay any more.

BTW £21 for sports isn't that good an offer. I've been paying less than that for most of the last 3 years. Currently on a year long £14.99 per month deal and every time I've cancelled at the end of an offer I get offered a decent extension to stay (often £19.99 for 3 months)

• itm2
    itm2 Posts: 1,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
    Options

There's no obligation to pay for more than one month at a time - cancel before the end of the month and you won't pay any more.

BTW £21 for sports isn't that good an offer. I've been paying less than that for most of the last 3 years. Currently on a year long £14.99 per month deal and every time I've cancelled at the end of an offer I get offered a decent extension to stay (often £19.99 for 3 months)

Thanks for that. Since you've been getting better deals I think I'll wait until the new year to see if there's a better offer available.
  • P933alilli
    Options

I've been paying £47 per month to Sky since my 18 month special offer of £27 per month ended last january. So, since january its been £21 for signature, £24 for Sky Sports and £2 for Sky Sports HD. Ive been busy and not had the chance to haggle but my future bills from March are increasing to £32 (signature), £34 (sports) and £2 (sports HD) = £68 per month. I'm wondering if i'll have any wiggle room to haggle down from £47 or at least keep it as it is? I'm even a Diamond V.I.P member whatever that means? I had an e mail from sky earlier this month to say that i can save £218 if i renew online now for 18 months. But when i looked online it was'nt to save £218 on my current package but a potential £218 saving on taking extra sky channels which i dont want. I'm wondering whether just to cancel and go for a monthly Now tv sports package but that would involve losing the sky+ catchup service.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback