IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Horizon Parking/Debt Recovery Plus - Parking Charge Notice

Went to watch a movie at Odeon in September and the movie was over 3 hours and I got slapped with a parking charge notice, first letter was from Horizon Parking for £85, I then "appealed" it online, by sending in a picture of my cinema ticket, showing I was a customer of Odeon, the website said it'll keep a hold of the charge notice until further correspondence (their decision, etc), the next letter I received was from Debt Recovery Plus for £150, now im not sure what to do.

Do I go back to the cinema and get the manager to sort this out, as I was a paying customer or do I ignore these letters?

Hope you guys can help

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,153
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Do I go back to the cinema and get the manager to sort this out, as I was a paying customer or do I ignore these letters?
    Yes, absolutely. Ask him/her how anyone parking on-site with a 3 hour limit can watch a film for longer than 3 hours without having to pay a further £100 on top of not-so-cheap cinema tickets. Ask him/her to get this nonsense sorted. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure