Question for anyone who has won a cash prize from The Sun (Sports Quiz, Wordsearch etc.)

For anyone who has won one of these weekly cash prizes for £50 or £100 from The Sun (Sports Quiz, Wordsearch, Arroword, Crossword), how long did it take to receive your money?

I received an email on 14th November informing me that I'd won £50 on the quiz from the week before. I sent back the requested bank details etc. the same day.

I did send an email last week just checking that they had received my email with my details but I've heard nothing from them.

I was going to try giving them a call as it seems like a long time to wait for a bank transfer which can be done in a couple of minutes, but maybe I'm just being too impatient?

Comments

• ANGELWINGS
    ANGELWINGS Posts: 2,826
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    I’ve won with the Sun and whilst they are perhaps not the quickest, I would have thought you could make a polite enquiry now as it’s been a month.
  • Fletch123
    Fletch123 Posts: 1,472
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I won with sun and it only took about 2 weeks to go into my bank account 
  • Midnighter
    Midnighter Posts: 18,145
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    I won a while ago and took a week or so for my prize to land in my bank account.
    '...luck came to those who left a space for it.' Terry Pratchett
  • KJ1986
    KJ1986 Posts: 678
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Thanks all. I'll leave it til the beginning of January now with it being Christmas and give them a call then if still not received.
  • One-Eye
    One-Eye Posts: 66,023
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Earlier this year:
    Their "you have won - send details" email sent on 23rd at 2pm
    I replied with details 23rd at 4pm
    They replied with "Payment being processed" 23rd at 5pm
    Money paid into bank 9th of following month.
  • Ashgate
    Ashgate Posts: 622
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Hi - I won £50 from The Sun about 2 years ago and it took them over a month to pay it into my account.
  • Buttercup
    Buttercup Posts: 188
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi I won about 6 months ago it took about 5 or 6 weeks to go into my account
    Sarah x
  • KJ1986
    KJ1986 Posts: 678
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Thanks. I called them earlier this week and they have advised that there was an issue with the payment going through. They asked me to check the bank details I had sent through which I've done and they were definitely my correct details so I can't see what the issue would be (I've had other people transfer me funds this week using the same details with no problems).

They requested a photo of a bank statement with my account details showing at the top which I emailed back to them a few days ago and now I'm just awaiting a response from them again.

Hopefully this will be sorted soon.
  • towser44
    towser44 Posts: 604
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I had a cheque in the post when I won the first time and the second time was bank transfer and it took 2 weeks 
    :easter:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure