Ebay say I disputed a charge?

I just got an email from Ebay saying my payments are on hold because I disputed a charge??  I sold a very small item last week.  They paid me to my bank account.  I purchased packlink postage and posted the item and it is showing as received.  It looks like the postage charge has been charged to my bank account and then the charge has been reversed.  
I don't understand why the charge has been reversed or how I fix it.  Can anyone help?  Thanks.

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 71,888
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    Firstly Did you have cleared funds in your bank for payment? If so start by phoning bank and ask why charge was disputed/returned .
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected] views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Chloe_G
    Chloe_G Posts: 306
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    @soolin yes, I did, thanks. I will contact the bank.
  • km1500
    km1500 Posts: 2,120
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I guess you learn something everyday! I didn't realise one could pay for something on eBay direct to a seller's bank account I thought it all had to go through the eBay managed payment system.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 71,888
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    km1500 said:
    I guess you learn something everyday! I didn't realise one could pay for something on eBay direct to a seller's bank account I thought it all had to go through the eBay managed payment system.
    You can’t pay to a sellers bank account direct  it is all done through managed payments. It is possible as a buyer to pay via a debit or credit card but that still goes through managed payments , but that can be disputed as can any other payment. 

OP however  was paying for a label as a seller and the payment to eBay came via their bank (my label payments go via PayPal not the bank). 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected] views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback