Edf beat the peak.missed it tonight

Options
Cazella
Cazella Posts: 49 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post
Just checking emails and saw I had notification at 3pm for 5pm tonight beat the peak lol .really wish they gave more notice🤔not too dismayed as only had emails for 3 and got 45 p 62p and 76p.as e7 user like many all my stuff is sorted by 8am on 13.78p so don’t use much during day rate of roughly 35 a kw.good for families though on savings 👍

Comments

• PennineAcute
    Options
    This was a test - can we get people to participate at short notice, as in the event of a non-test, we would not get much notice.
  • rp1974
    rp1974 Posts: 739 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm participating through Loop as Eon were too late getting their finger out when the events/tests started.
    Don't know if it's the same for all suppliers,I think that if you've opted in you should stay opted in,instead of having to wait on the usually short notice emails/texts.
    Would seem a better idea to opt out of individual events rather than opting in every time.
  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,929 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I am with EDF and have, on a couple of occasions missed the event as I’ve seen the email too late. 
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £41,671.53
  • spenderdave
    Options
    I didn't get the notification until 4.15. Since I had my fry up tea planned for 5pm I didn't bother as would only get pennies back if anything. 
  • QrizB
    QrizB Posts: 13,822 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    rp1974 said:
    I think that if you've opted in you should stay opted in,instead of having to wait on the usually short notice emails/texts.
    You are required to opt in so they (your supplier and the grid) know how many consumers are participating.
    Otherwise they won't be able to collect accurate statistics.
    I didn't get the notification until 4.15. Since I had my fry up tea planned for 5pm I didn't bother as would only get pennies back if anything. 
    If you're not normally a big user in the period, there won't be much for you to save.

N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Go elec & Tracker gas / Shell BB / Lyca mobi. Ripple Kirk Hill member.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 30MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
    Taking a break, hope to be back eventually.
    Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback