Small printer required

For years I've had a HP printer and found their monthky ink charge ok, but for six months I hardly use it. We moved to flat and I dumped lots of stuff, including the printer.

Now I miss not having the opportunity etc. Would anyone care to recommend a small printer with cartridges that I would replace when I needed please.

Comments

• You can buy a HP printer that you can replace cartridges when needed you don't have to sign up to their instant ink service.

I personally would recommend the HP Laserjet M140we. Its a toner cartridge rather than ink jet but the toner should last periods of non use whereas inkjet tend to dry out. It is a black and white only printer 
    FTB - April 2020 
  • wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 2,599
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    A laser printer is the way to go.  The toner lasts for ages and doesn't dry out like ink does.  Inkjets are not good if they are rarely used.
  • SaverRate said:
    You can buy a HP printer that you can replace cartridges when needed you don't have to sign up to their instant ink service.

I personally would recommend the HP Laserjet M140we. Its a toner cartridge rather than ink jet but the toner should last periods of non use whereas inkjet tend to dry out. It is a black and white only printer 
    I'll have a look at that link thanks, without googling, i dont know the difference. 
  • cerebus
    cerebus Posts: 518
    First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    As you hardly use a printer, toner is the way to go, you can get small ones and the toner you get with the printer will  probably last you years!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback