Is the new 3 - Year Fixed Dual Energy Deal from EDF Good

I have received an existing customer Fixed Dual Energy offer from EDF for both a 1 Year Fix and a 2 Year Fix. I've used the MoneySavingExpert calculation to understand how attarctive these offers are. Both come up as borderline using the calculation with the 1 - Year Fix showing a 1% increase over the standard tariff from October and the 3 - Year Fix showing a 2% increase over the standard tarriff from October. Can you advise if the 3 year period makes this more attractuve than it appears and should be considered. Thanks 

Comments

• MultiFuelBurner
    MultiFuelBurner Posts: 2,739
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 18 December 2023 at 3:42PM
    WoubleU said:
    I have received an existing customer Fixed Dual Energy offer from EDF for both a 1 Year Fix and a 2 Year Fix. I've used the MoneySavingExpert calculation to understand how attarctive these offers are. Both come up as borderline using the calculation with the 1 - Year Fix showing a 1% increase over the standard tariff from October and the 3 - Year Fix showing a 2% increase over the standard tarriff from October. Can you advise if the 3 year period makes this more attractuve than it appears and should be considered. Thanks 
    If you follow the speculators that predict price caps they are suggesting the second/third and fourth quarters of 2024 will be relatively stable and £70-80 per year cheaper than Q1.

That suggests a one year fix may end up costing you more and no one knows past that time scale.
    "I can lead you to the money saving well but cannot make you drink from it"

As mum always said "don't respond to imbeciles just ignore them" wise words mum 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback