IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

GXS Services Shoreham Port - Final Demand BW legal

124»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,345 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Let's report them to HMRC.  Let's choose them to be the first to be reported. I would LOVE them (and Gladstones & DCB) to be investigated.

You tried hard to get a straight answer but it looks like they MIGHT not be paying VAT on the DRA fee and if they are (if the added £70 DRA fee includes VAT) it looks like the consumer is paying the VAT which HMRC has said already must not happen with enforcement or debt chasing 'fees'.

I'm local(ish) to Shoreham Port so this is a good one to choose for an extra pushback against BW Legal. Why not?!  If they have nothing to hide they have nothing to fear.
    Yes I am happy to report them, they are definitely acting like they have something to hide! What do you think is the best way to go about this to ensure that HMRC take it seriously?
    Have a look at how to report a company online (which would be BW Legal not the PPC).  I think it's an easy online Questionnaire but we can talk about what to put next week.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,222 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 25 February at 10:50PM
    You are correct. The General Directions 2021 do state that they replace byelaws, and the Port Authority is self governing and has the powers to make or repeal or replace byelaws. 
    Whilst the port area is private land, it is a traffic authority as already explained by @Castle and it is still not relevant land as stated in the PoFA.
    In addition, the only references are to vehicle drivers, operators, (which would probably refer to cranes or other cargo handling equipment that has been driven to a location then "operated" in some way other than driving), and owners.

There are no regulations applicable to vehicle keepers, therefore, just like byelaws, the General Directions cannot apply to the keeper. If a parking company is trying to apply parking regulations to a vehicle keeper, yet the General Directions do not, then the parking Ts and Cs are more onerous than the Port Authority regulations.

I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills