IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

**NCP Claim Form / County Court** 'partial payment' in private car park - HELP!

Redwalrus
Redwalrus Posts: 24
First Post Name Dropper
Forumite
Hi Forum!

NEWBIE here, never been in this situation before, help appreciated.

history...

1. driver entered into a private car park at 17:23 at Cambridge North - PCN attached. 
2. correct amount via the APP on credit card and received no confirmation text or receipt
3. received the below letter saying I had overstayed - 'partial payment'
5. The letter was returned twice 'addresee gone away' - see attached
7. I understand if I defend this and lose I can still pay (maybe more though) and NOT get a CCJ?
8. The original fine was £60 now they want £255-00, sounds too much!
9. I have requested more time to defend this morning so should have an extra 28 days

Thank you! :-)

PCN

(Removed by Forum Team)

ADDRESS TO CHALLENGE:

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,388
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 17 December 2023 at 12:28PM
    Your name is on two of those images so here they are without the personal data:

The PCN is non-POFA.

Second returned letter says 'gone away' (the scribble is Royal Mail) so they are no longer using that PO Box then.  Good evidence that they prevented you from appealing.

What's the Date of Issue of the Claim?

On what date does MCOL show your AOS done?

I understand if I defend this and lose I can still pay (maybe more though) and NOT get a CCJ?

No it would be less than the claim if you lose, as the NEWBIES thread tells you.  Of course you won't get a CCJ if you defend and lose.  Otherwise no-one would risk it!

We do this every day and you'll win

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Thanks, I have personal info on here, should I delete the post and re-post?
  • date of issue of claim is 6.12.203
    AOS was only sent today
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,112
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 17 December 2023 at 4:43PM
    Redwalrus said:
    date of issue of claim is 6.12.2023
    AOS was only sent today

With a Claim Issue Date of 6th December, and having filed an Acknowledgment of Service in a timely manner, you have until 4pm on Monday 8th January 2024 to file your Defence.

That's over three weeks away. Plenty of time to produce a Defence but please don't leave it to the last minute.
    To create a Defence, and then file a Defence by email, look at the second post in the NEWBIES thread.
    Don't miss the deadline for filing a Defence.

Do not try and file a Defence via the MoneyClaimOnline website. Once an Acknowledgment of Service has been filed, the MCOL website should be treated as 'read only'.
  • Your name is on two of those images so here they are without the personal data:

The PCN is non-POFA.

Second returned letter says 'gone away' (the scribble is Royal Mail) so they are no longer using that PO Box then.  Good evidence that they prevented you from appealing.

What's the Date of Issue of the Claim?

On what date does MCOL show your AOS done?

I understand if I defend this and lose I can still pay (maybe more though) and NOT get a CCJ?

No it would be less than the claim if you lose, as the NEWBIES thread tells you.  Of course you won't get a CCJ if you defend and lose.  Otherwise no-one would risk it!

We do this every day and you'll win

thanks - Should I delete and re-post this due to personal info shown?
  • thanks Keith - does my Defence look good enough in your experience? Also, I have put personal info on here, it this risky, should I delete and re-post? (cant see an edit option)
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    edited 17 December 2023 at 10:43PM
    Hit 'Report' the post so the forum team see it.
  • Redwalrus
    Redwalrus Posts: 24
    First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 20 December 2023 at 8:55AM
    @Coupon-mad @KeithPI have been advised on Piston Heads that even though I have received a CLAIM FORM from the Court I can still just pay the original £60 and walk away?
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    edited 20 December 2023 at 11:58PM
    LOL Piston Heads forum, eh?!

They have no idea.  In fact I shouldn't laugh at them, as that 'advice' would get you a CCJ.

You CAN'T.

• LOL Piston Heads forum, eh?!

They have no idea.  In fact I shouldn't laugh at them, as that 'advice' would get you a CCJ.

You CAN'T.

by the way @Coupon-mad@keithPI am not asking advice from Piston Heads as well as you any more, (apologies) I originally posted on both forums as a newbie as I didn't know what would be better/faster. Working on my defence right now, hope you can still advise! 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback