Click vinyl flooring installation quote.

Options
Hi all 

Wanted to check if the cost of replacing the flooring in the bedroom was too much. It's just over 9m2, currently has laminate floors and being replaced by click vinyl. The skirting is also being replaced. 

Total quote to remove, dispose and replace skirting and flooring is £660. Sound about right? 

We're based in London (outer boroughs). 

Comments

• GDB2222
    GDB2222 Posts: 24,677 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 16 December 2023 at 1:24PM
    Options
    Is that including the cost of the flooring and preparation of the subfloor?  If so, I would be interested in the name of the company please, as I need to get mine done.
    No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
  • JadeHighland
    Options
    GDB2222 said:
    Is that including the cost of the flooring and preparation of the subfloor?  If so, I would be interested in the name of the company please, as I need to get mine done.
    No, I've got the flooring already. Just labour. 
  • mexican_dave
    mexican_dave Posts: 274 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Replacing the skirting board shows me the tradesman wants to do a good job, as the skirtings cover the edges of the vinyl close to the wall. Some installers leave the existing skirtings and add a timber bead at the foot of the skirting to hide the edge, nasty! Be aware that the installer needs to protect your existing wall finish when removing the skirting as his tools could bruise your plasterwork and mark your decor. Obviously if you are completely redecorating the room then that's not an issue.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback