Does PIP need renewing a year before claim date or award date?

kkkklinky
kkkklinky Posts: 44
First Post
Forumite
edited 14 December 2023 at 6:19PM in Benefits & tax credits
Hi all my PIP was awarded in Dec 2021 until 2025, I was awarded for 4 years. I claimed in May 2021. Does anyone know whether the renewal is a year before claim or award date? Im wondering whether I'll get a renewal letter in May next year or December, or anyday in between. I have lost the last page of award letter. Thanks

Comments

• Rodders53
    Rodders53 Posts: 2,083
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Any time up to a year before the end of award date I believe.  What is the exact end date?  May 25 or Dec 25?

Our PIP award ends in late Sep 24 (having been extended there by Covid) and we got the renewal letter in early November 23 with a return by 30th of month date.  Much nagging by DWP (multiple letters) and a text confirming they had received it on that 30th date (we'd sent it over a week earlier).

• I'm not sure of the end date because I've lost the award letter, all I know is it's a 4 year award. That's why I asked? Others that get PIP might be able to confirm from their award letters whether it's claim or award date.
  • Robbie64
    Robbie64 Posts: 1,929
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Your PIP award will run from the date of claim until 4 years after the date of decision / award date. This will be May 2021 until December 2025 and it should also be that your PIP award will be reviewed after December 2024.
  • Best way to clear up is contact the DWP and ask for your Decision letter PIP7003
    It will tell you a "not before date"
    Let's Be Careful Out There
  • kkkklinky
    kkkklinky Posts: 44
    First Post
    Forumite
    edited 14 December 2023 at 9:23PM
    Robbie64 said:
    Your PIP award will run from the date of claim until 4 years after the date of decision / award date. This will be May 2021 until December 2025 and it should also be that your PIP award will be reviewed after December 2024.
    Thanks for confirming that. 👍 
    Update: I've now found the letter, I'll be reviewed after December 2024
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.5K Travel & Transport