Meters with two MPANs

System
System Posts: 178,074
Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
Community Admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: 2 electricity supply numbers ...one meter.

Comments

• Hi, I have a similar issue, and no solution. I think it's an economy 7,that had some old storage heater that are no longer in use. There are 2 mpans. The bill displays 1 meter but there are two separate charges, as I would have 2 contracts. My meter desplays 5 readings, and I don't know what they all are. Please help 
  • QrizB
    QrizB Posts: 13,665
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Raducu88 said:
    Hi, I have a similar issue, and no solution. I think it's an economy 7,that had some old storage heater that are no longer in use. There are 2 mpans. The bill displays 1 meter but there are two separate charges, as I would have 2 contracts. My meter desplays 5 readings, and I don't know what they all are. Please help 
    Welcome to the forum Raducu88!
    Are you in Scotland?
    Which energy supplier do you have, and what is the name of you tariff(s)?
    Would you be able to share photo(s) of your meter(s)?
    N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Go elec & Tracker gas / Shell BB / Lyca mobi. Ripple Kirk Hill member.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 30MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
    Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs.
  • leonj
    leonj Posts: 152
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Raducu88 said:
    Hi, I have a similar issue, and no solution. I think it's an economy 7,that had some old storage heater that are no longer in use. There are 2 mpans. The bill displays 1 meter but there are two separate charges, as I would have 2 contracts. My meter desplays 5 readings, and I don't know what they all are. Please help 
    The storage heaters and possibly immersion heater were probably on a separate off peak circuit that is only live at off peak times, thats what rate 4 and 5 usually are on the meter, rate 3 is boost.  rate 1 and rate 2 are 24 hour supply on and off peak
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback