IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

"FINAL NOTICE OF DEBT RECOVERY" from DCBL

Hi all,

I received a ticket from DCBL stating "FINAL NOTICE OF DEBT RECOVERY". The reason I got this ticket is because I STOPPED in Queensway to pick up my brother and his autistic son who was having a tantrum. We stayed by the car in the carpark for 5-10 minutes before we left, and then I have been spammed by these guys for these tickets.

I was wondering if someone could let me know if I should take action, or continue to ignore here? I greatly appreciate it all.

Comments

• To explain the story;

I went to go pick up my brother and his kids. One of his kids, who is autistic, was throwing a tantrum, and took us 15-20 minutes to calm him down and get him in the car. We did not leave the vicinity of the car and leave it unattended. We then got in the car and drove off and now they have been demanding £170.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,111
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Ignore DCB Limited (harmless, can only send silly letters)  Come back if you receive anything from DCB Legal (need to deal with these as they are likely to issue a court claim, which cannot be ignored). 

For the moment, read NEWBIES FAQ Announcement, fourth post, which tells you about harmless debt collectors. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 128,979
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 14 December 2023 at 2:48PM
    Oh it's 'Regent Parking' (Solution Labs).  Not really a parking firm IMHO. Run by ex-colleagues of Gary Osner of ZZPS I believe.  Think they were all in Roxburghe together?

I consider this firm to be nothing more than an umbrella name to cover for new parking operators.  IIRC, their website at one point suggested they could help new operators which didn't yet have DVLA access.

Sounds like a parking firm in name only.

Never seen a court claim from them.

Ignore, unless you get a LBC or court claim. Read the FOURTH then the SECOND posts in the NEWBIES thread.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Thank you all for your replies, I am chasing up on this.
  • patient_dream
    patient_dream Posts: 3,392
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    All as said above ..... DCBL send out these scary letters hoping you are a mug
    You simply cannot be responding to silly letters

DCBL are well known for dealing with rubbish cases and also well known for adding fake amounts. Sad company.   YOU DO NOT OWE £170 --- IT'S FAKE

If this goes further, bear in mind who you are dealing with .....

DCB LEGAL RECORD OF PRIVATE PARKING COURT CLAIM DISCONTINUATIONS

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6377263/dcb-legal-record-of-private-parking-court-claim-discontinuations/p1

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback