How to find videos on iphone

Hi there,

I have an iphone 13 pro max and I have locally stored episodes of a tv show ripped from a DVD on my phone.  They appear on my phone if I go into Apple tv - "downloaded" or "home videos".  I want to be able to transfer them onto my ipad that is registered under the same apple id.

How do I do this please?  I have looked on my laptop to see if the episodes are stored in my itunes files where I have my music stored but can't find all 6 complete episodes.  There is no option to airdrop the files or anything. 

I have tried plugging my iphone into the computer and looked in the internal storage folders on my phone.  Also tried it via itunes and cannot find where they are stored. 

Is there any way I can get the files onto my ipad (apart from digging out the dvd's again and re-ripping them?). 

Thanks in advance. 
Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £45,189.63/b]

Comments

• MikeJXE
    MikeJXE Posts: 3,033
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Try saving the video in files that might work but I have never tried it 
  • Hi there,

I have an iphone 13 pro max and I have locally stored episodes of a tv show ripped from a DVD on my phone.  They appear on my phone if I go into Apple tv - "downloaded" or "home videos".  I want to be able to transfer them onto my ipad that is registered under the same apple id.

How do I do this please?  I have looked on my laptop to see if the episodes are stored in my itunes files where I have my music stored but can't find all 6 complete episodes.  There is no option to airdrop the files or anything. 

I have tried plugging my iphone into the computer and looked in the internal storage folders on my phone.  Also tried it via itunes and cannot find where they are stored. 

Is there any way I can get the files onto my ipad (apart from digging out the dvd's again and re-ripping them?). 

Thanks in advance. 
    Which TV show and episodes?
  • MikeJXE
    Forumite
    Actually having googled your issue they could already be in your files folder in which case in your iPad too 

Find downloads in the Files app
    • Open the Files app. Don't have the blue Files app icon on your Home Screen? Swipe down from the centre of your Home Screen, then search for the Files app.
    • Tap the Browse tab.
    • Tap iCloud Drive.
    • Tap the Downloads folder to see your downloaded files.
  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,845
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Thanks for the replies. 

@Bonhomie it’s The Box of delights (BBC from 1985). 

@MikeJXE. i Googled it the same as you last night. I have tried looking in the files app on both IPhone and IPad and they are not there. I can only find 3 documents that I scanned ages ago. When I go to the videos in Apple TV. I only get the option to “Remove Download” 

This has completely stumped me! 

Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £45,189.63/b]
  • MikeJXE
    Forumite
    If you can play them on your iPhone you could set your iPad in a stable position to record them (iPad camera viewing iPhone video)

I have done it before visa versa 
  • MikeJXE
    Forumite
    Have you tried emailing them to yourself ?
  • Bonhomie
    Bonhomie Posts: 242
    Forumite
    MikeJXE said:
    If you can play them on your iPhone you could set your iPad in a stable position to record them (iPad camera viewing iPhone video)

I have done it before visa versa 
    Seriously? 
  • Bonhomie
    Bonhomie Posts: 242
    Forumite
    Thanks for the replies. 

@MikeJXE. i Googled it the same as you last night. I have tried looking in the files app on both IPhone and IPad and they are not there. I can only find 3 documents that I scanned ages ago. When I go to the videos in Apple TV. I only get the option to “Remove Download” 

Check your PMs. Let me know if they work. If not, I'll do it differently.
  • MikeJXE
    Forumite
    Bonhomie said:
    Thanks for the replies. 

Check your PMs. Let me know if they work. If not, I'll do it differently.
    In the files folder go to the search box and type downloads see if anything comes up 
  • 400ixl
    400ixl Posts: 2,663
    Forumite
    You say you ripped them from DVD? What application did you use to do it?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback