Cost of re-bedding roof tiles.

Options
Hi folks,

What would be the expected cost (N Ireland area, so probably not London prices) of getting 3-5 roof tiles re-bedded ie, old cement cleaned up and tiles cemented back again?

I think one ridge tile over triangular small roof over main doorway is cracked. Semi detached bungalow, so shouldn't be any problems getting access to roof.

After this was brought to my attention I would like your opinion, is it a simple enough thing to do for a good handyman, rather than a roofer who might charge more, is it just a matter of clearing away old cement and re-bedding the tiles in new concrete

I don't know a lot about this, but I am inclined to think it might be a two to three hour job at most, would you agree and the cost should be no more than £150-£200?

Thank you for any info.

Comments

• Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,159 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Do they need scaffolding to work or will they get away safely with ladders ,will make a big difference to the price. 
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,551 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    It doesn't sound as if it would be more than a one day job.  Don't forget you will also be paying for travel time, not just the time at the job.  If the tiles are damaged it may take longer as replacements would have to be obtained etc.  Some tradesmen will charge by the hour, others by the day or half day.
  • anotherquestion
    Options
    Thanks no scaffolding required.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family