IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

New claim form from DCB Legal from 2018 PCN

In 2018 I received a PCN from a motorway services for staying a little over the free 2 hours. I didn't know there was even a limit at the time. I promptly forgot all about it as life was hectic back then (I had a 4 month old, 4 year old, a disabled wife and was moving across the country.) I received no further communication about the PCN after the first letter in 2018, until last month when I received a notice before claim, then last week I received an N1 claim form for it (issue date 5th Dec.)

They have claimed the original charge was £170 (which I know is above the legal limit) and are also claiming just over 5.5 years of interest on it too, bringing the total to over £300 with the court fees.

I filed my AOS on the 11th December and am now looking over the defence templates to write my defence. Big thanks to everyone who has contributed to putting these documents together. This has been a confusing process but this forum has helped a lot.

When writing to an MP to complain, is it the local MP in my area, or the area the PCN was issued?

Comments

• You complain to your MP.
  • Who is the claimant?

What is the issue date of the claim form?
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 57,999
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    It is not too late to complain to the landowner/service station manager/CEO as well as your MP. For the latter, I have found this website useful.

WriteToThem - Email your Councillor, MP, MSP, MS, MLA or London Assembly Member for free

In your complaints, point out that a service station is supposed to be a refuge, a place of safety for drivers to rest so they are not forced to drive when tired. 
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,451
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 13 December 2023 at 2:01PM
    Please show us the claim form with the VRM, your data, QR code, the claim no. and MCOL password covered.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,120
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    ...last week I received an N1 claim form for it (issue date 5th Dec.)

I filed my AOS on the 11th December...

With a Claim Issue Date of 5th December, and having filed an Acknowledgment of Service in a timely manner, you have until 4pm on Monday 8th January 2024 to file your Defence.

That's over three weeks away. Plenty of time to produce a Defence but please don't leave it to the last minute.
    To create a Defence, and then file a Defence by email, look at the second post in the NEWBIES thread.
    Don't miss the deadline for filing a Defence.

Do not try and file a Defence via the MoneyClaimOnline website. Once an Acknowledgment of Service has been filed, the MCOL website should be treated as 'read only'.
  • JerryJ64 said:
    You complain to your MP.
    Fruitcake said:
    It is not too late to complain to the landowner/service station manager/CEO as well as your MP. For the latter, I have found this website useful.

WriteToThem - Email your Councillor, MP, MSP, MS, MLA or London Assembly Member for free

In your complaints, point out that a service station is supposed to be a refuge, a place of safety for drivers to rest so they are not forced to drive when tired. 
    Thank you, this will get done. I have been quite busy over xmas, preferring to spend xmas with my family than stressing out over this scam. Now the kids are back at school I have filed my defence and am working on a complaint to my local MP and the landowner. How detailed should the MP complaint be? I know they are busy and don't want to overwhelm them, but I do want to get

KeithP said:
    ...last week I received an N1 claim form for it (issue date 5th Dec.)

I filed my AOS on the 11th December...

With a Claim Issue Date of 5th December, and having filed an Acknowledgment of Service in a timely manner, you have until 4pm on Monday 8th January 2024 to file your Defence.

That's over three weeks away. Plenty of time to produce a Defence but please don't leave it to the last minute.
    To create a Defence, and then file a Defence by email, look at the second post in the NEWBIES thread.
    Don't miss the deadline for filing a Defence.

Do not try and file a Defence via the MoneyClaimOnline website. Once an Acknowledgment of Service has been filed, the MCOL website should be treated as 'read only'.

Thank you, I followed the newbies guide for my defence and emailed it to CCBCAQ as instructed. I have got the automated reply back, so from the 12 steps it sounds like I have around 2 months to work on my witness statement and Directions Questionnaire (although I will try and get to it sooner rather than later)
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 21,953
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    You don't submit your DQ until you receive it from the CNBC; you can work on your WS whilst events are still fresh in your mind and give you time to collect evidence, especially if you have to go to the area to take photos.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,451
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Complaint to MP is basically asking them to complain to the landowner on your behalf and to make sure they support the new statutory Parking Code of Practice when it finally 'lands'.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback