Lies from Amazon

I ordered a book, a week ago that I was told had been dispatched on Thursday - I received a delivery date of Monday - book failed to arrive - same again yesterday
So I messaged the seller who informed me that the book had not yet been dispatched
Yet - according to Amazon - the book is STILL due to be delivered... yesterday
I tried to cancel and was told that it was too late to cancel
Why ? Surely if an item has not yet been dispatched, it can be cancelled ??

Comments

• BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 6,756
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Who is delivering it - Amazon or a 3rd party?
  • the_lunatic_is_in_my_head
    the_lunatic_is_in_my_head Posts: 7,271
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 13 December 2023 at 10:03AM
    If the seller fulfils their own orders they can mark as dispatched any time and then not doing so is their failing. Amazon's automated cancel flow doesn't know the seller hasn't dispatched. 

You should message the seller to ask for them to cancel, if they refuse then look at the A-Z guarantee which will cover you within the timeframes Amazon impose for Item Not Received.

If the book was sold by the seller but fulfilled by Amazon you'd need to contact Amazon customer services to resolve this but judging by the events it sounds like the seller fulfils their own orders. :)  
  • BoGoF said:

I have no idea
    I asked the seller for tracking details when I ordered it but nothing came of it
  • BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 6,756
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    BoGoF said:

I have no idea
    I asked the seller for tracking details when I ordered it but nothing came of it
    See the other post - it does sound like seller will be fulfilling delivery and if so the only person telling lies is the seller who has told Amazon it has been dispatched.
  • If the seller fulfils their own orders they can mark as dispatched any time and then not doing so is their failing. Amazon's automated cancel flow doesn't know the seller hasn't dispatched. 

You should message the seller to ask for them to cancel, if they refuse then look at the A-Z guarantee which will cover you within the timeframes Amazon impose for Item Not Received.

If the book was sold by the seller but fulfilled by Amazon you'd need to contact Amazon customer services to resolve this but judging by the events it sounds like the seller fulfils their own orders. :)  

Thanks - done just that
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure