Excessive Gocardless fee increase

Options
Have been using Gocardless to collect payment for my yoga classes for several years now. Overnight I see they've increased their transaction fees by more than four fold!! Where I was paying a 40p fee on a £10 transaction last week, I'm now being charged £1.70!! They sent a letter saying there were upcoming charges to my pricing plan, but even having read and reread it, I still can't fathom where such a big increase has come from. Their information seems to be intentially vague and incomplete.  December is my biggest month for taking payments as many people bulk pay for the year ahead, and it seems that even if I can get hold of someone at Gocardless to speak to (which has proved impossible so far) there's no way of changing my pricing plan in time to effect this month's transactions. Anyone else been stung like this? Any suggestions 1) as to why the hike and 2), assuming I can't get out of it, better options for collecting payments?

Comments

• Khaderbhai
    Khaderbhai Posts: 141 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 13 December 2023 at 1:18PM
    Options
    Hi, were you assigned a client manager or personal contact at GC, could you try them? The support team are more for technical queries whereas the client/relationship individuals are better to sort/discuss pricing. 

Depending on how many transactions you do over the year, they have packages to cap the fee monthly rather than on each transaction. 

Stripe I think are the other main player, but Go Cardless have done well in dominating this space for a while. It is a big fintech with lots of private equity investment so it doesn’t surprise me the costs are going up, but that does seem excessive. Did the wording explain why the jump?

• penners324
    penners324 Posts: 2,741 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    It's clearly listed on their website under Pricing

https://gocardless.com/pricing/
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts