Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

Dogs trust charity

Options
 fully agree with charities and the work they do 
but if you donate to the dogs trust charity and have a dog assigned to you  by name  is it a real dog or it just all fictional
also with regard to street vendors selling trinkets etc are these people all just volunteers or are they paid and all money they collect onto the charity concerned on full
i

Comments

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,032 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    From looking at the Dogs Trust website, I'd say that if you sponsor a dog, it will be a real dog you hear about. However, it's vanishingly unlikely that your money would only go to that particular dog, and that's clear from the way they describe sponsorship.

As for street vendors, I have no idea. Those soliciting regular donations in the street (chuggers) are generally paid. Stalls at street markets and fairs could be either, or even a mix, with a member of staff on hand and responsible for the stock, but some volunteers to help staff the stall.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure