Moving everything from one Vanguard fund to another

13»

Comments

• jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,596 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    dllive said:
    jimjames said:
    I have already made this change for the reasons given regarding cost. In order to balance the difference in funds I also added satellite funds to cover those missing components of the FTSE Dev World fund. It means the saving in fees is not as much with that blended approach but still cheaper than the previous fund. The difference in charges might not sound much but it's nearly 40% less so overall that's still worthwhile.
    Thats interesting. Can I ask, did you sell your holding all in one go?

I was thinking of adding satellite fund too, to plug-up the gaps.
    I sold all in one go and used the Vanguard switch option to move to the new fund.
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • eskbanker said:
    dllive said:
    I currently have a large amount in Vanguard's FTSE Global All Cap Index Fund. The OCF is 0.23%.

What Id like to do is move it to Vanguard's FTSE Developed World ex-U.K. Equity Index Fund which is just 0.14% . As I understand it, both funds are much the same (albeit that the latter is ex-UK which only accounts for 4% of the world markets) but the latter's OCF is a lot cheaper.
    If you're that driven by lower OCFs, you could consider HSBC FTSE All World at 0.13%, unless you're using a platform that doesn't offer this, such as Vanguard's....
    This is the fund I have decided to invest in April when I add more funds to my ISA.  
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback