Hyundai i10 airbag warning light - intermittent fault
There is sometimes a very easy fix for this. I have spend hundreds at Hyundai trying to get it repaired but when they take it apart they find nothing wrong & when they put it together the fault clears.
Remove the steering shroud
Underneath the column is a yellow connector - it is the pins within his connector that get dirty & create this fault
Remove the connector & connect - do it several times & the light should go off.
I was shown this by an auto electrician. He said the long term fix is to replace the loom.
I also sprayed the connector with contact cleaner so hopefully it will stay OK for longer.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors
- All Categories
- 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 449.1K Spending & Discounts
- 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 172.4K Life & Family
- 246.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards