DLA to PIP

Hi my daughter was previously on DLA but has since turned 16 so has to claim PIP. We have been told that she will continue to be paid DLA until a decision has been made about her PIP. If her PIP claim and mandatory reconsideration is unsuccessful and she decides to go to tribunal would she still get paid until the final decision is made?

Comments

• tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 7,829
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Hopefully someone will be able to answer your question, but if she isn't going to be paid, what will you do? Not apply for PIP? 
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,707
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    If she's refused PIP then her DLA payments will end. She will not receive any payments while waiting for the MR or Tribunal decision, if it gets that far. The reason why her DLA will stop is because there will be no DLA award in place once the PIP decision is made.
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,842
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    normally ends and then backdate if won at appeal
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • Thank you very much.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure